1. Eyeliner Placement- You already know I used to just put eyeliner on the bottom lash-line. Not on the waterline or anything subtle, just a thick black line under my eyes.
| Freud is not pleased. Freud is not pleased at all. |
2. Mascara Exists-

I was a mascara hater up until ninth grade. I had naturally long, full eyelashes so I never thought I needed it, but always wondered why I looked so strange after doing my eye shadow. I was missing mascara, that's why. After you put powders and creams around your eye, it can settle on your eyelashes. If for that reason alone, start trying out mascaras and find one that makes your eyelashes look nice and long without clumping.
I was a mascara hater up until ninth grade. I had naturally long, full eyelashes so I never thought I needed it, but always wondered why I looked so strange after doing my eye shadow. I was missing mascara, that's why. After you put powders and creams around your eye, it can settle on your eyelashes. If for that reason alone, start trying out mascaras and find one that makes your eyelashes look nice and long without clumping.
3. It's Not One-Look Fits All- I had a penchant for rocker looks like that of Avril Lavigne, Taylor Momsen and a bunch of other uber pale chicks with fair hair... that look nothing like me.

Not that I can't rock those looks, but it takes some tweaking. I have olive-toned skin and I look better in bronzes than I do in stark grey and black smokey eyes. Look for makeup inspiration in pictures of celebrities or Youtube gurus that look a little like you. Try new things but don't stubbornly stick to one thing if it doesn't work out time and time again.
Not that I can't rock those looks, but it takes some tweaking. I have olive-toned skin and I look better in bronzes than I do in stark grey and black smokey eyes. Look for makeup inspiration in pictures of celebrities or Youtube gurus that look a little like you. Try new things but don't stubbornly stick to one thing if it doesn't work out time and time again.
4. Practice Makes Perfect- My first time doing my makeup was, well, atrocious.
Relax. It took me three years to figure it out, and you'll do even better because you have YouTube (and me, of course :)! If you've got a dance or some other event you want to go all out for, practice the makeup a few days in advance.
5. Not Wearing Makeup isn't Fatal-
| No way. |
I hope this was helpful to all of you who just started school! Enjoy middle school, and try not to face palm too hard when you make mistakes, it happens to the best of us.
Much Love,
Vicky
No comments:
Post a Comment