Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Come Along With Me! Brunch With the Besties

      I don't know what was better. Hanging out with my two best friends or the eggs Benedict that I tried for the first time today....
      It was the eggs.
      Just kidding. Not really. I don't know, it's really close.
Now that I'm done being a food douche, let me recommend what is probably the best brunch place on the face of the earth: Crackers. Located in the town of Miami Springs, just across the water, it's a hidden gem that made my stomach fall in love the way my heart has yet to do.
      I would post a picture of my plate, but SOMEONE WHO OWNS AN ACTUAL PHONE WITH A CAMERA forgot to do this. Mind you, this person isn't me. My phone can call people... and that's it. It's about as smart as a pear. I'm type-yelling at my best friend Nathalie who's sitting next to me as I write this. She just made an obscene gesture. There you have her, Internet.
      Anyway, today was a great example of how the clothes you wear really need to be appropriate for the weather. Emily and myself were decked out in light cotton sun dresses with open backs and sandals, while Nathalie was sporting an equally summer-appropriate lace tank top and bleached shorts but despite ALL OF THIS we were sweaty and panting after our walk around Miami Springs. I shudder to think what would have happened if we'd worn jeans.
      However, today was also an example that despite the heat or any other uncomfortable situation you come across, diving in headfirst with friends will make anything fun, so don't hole up in your room during these last remnants of summer. Slather on some sunscreen and call up your friends.
Much Love,
                   Vicky




No comments:

Post a Comment