Wednesday, August 13, 2014

So I'm starting a blog, and here's why...




     Hello, my name is Victoria, but, for the most part, my friends call me Vicky. Yes, I'm well aware of what my nickname could be rhymed with and yes, the options wax on hilarious. You would do well to remember, however, though a comedy-gold-mine , my name is also that of a very prominent lingerie store (thus the blog name, see what I did there? :) and of an English queen that an entire era was named after... But, this is not a blog about my name. This is a blog about makeup. Fashion. Books. Lifestyle/Health. My very important opinion. Really bad jokes.All of the above? Ah, there we go. Yes, basically this is a makeup-books-lifestyle/health-opinion-bad joke blog. A blog of many hyphens. 
     Why?
Well... I've got a few reasons. Like, five. 
     One: I'm a little older and wiser than I was when I first delved into the magical world of makeup and fashion. Part of me wants to write the blog I wish I would have read when I was in middle school. 
     Two:  I happen to love books so much that I'm making English/Literature my major. Also, I need somewhere I can fan-girl over my new book obsessions intelligently rather than with a few verbal "So good, just so good..."
     Three: Jokes, references and word play that are 'so bad, they're good' are my thing. Don't hate, appreciate.
     Four: here I should probably be inserting something about how staying healthy and being fit is my passion, but... well, this section is more just 'cause I need a good reason to do both those things.
     Five: BUT MOSTLY I'M WRITING THIS BLOG: Because I like things! And you like things too, I'm betting. We're not so different, you and I, and the internet seems like the best place to celebrate that. I want to be a nerd with you about a whole range of different topics, a nerd a la John Green, just "unironically enthusiastic about stuff". I can't promise there will  be no irony, because I can be one sarcastic mo-fo, but I can promise you this: I will be as ENTHUSIASTIC in my irony as I will be imparting a little wisdom.*
     With that expressed, I hope you enjoy what I write and share!
-Love , Vicky

*"Wisdom" refers to mostly my opinion, not necessarily concrete fact. I will do my best to qualify my opinion as just my opinion, but my first little nugget of "wisdom" would be to just remember where you are (...a blog...) and you should be fine. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment