Thursday, September 4, 2014

Things I wish I knew in High School: Makeup Edition

I did figure some of this out while actually in High School, but I sure didn't as a freshman.

1. Blush exists
     A faux rosy flush keeps you looking awake and healthy. The trick is to figure out the placement so that it complements your face.
2. Cat-eyes are the best
     No, seriously. They elongate and lift the eyes (both very good things) as well as being inherently sexy. It's a look unto itself, no eye shadow needed, just liquid eyeliner.
3. Translucent powder also exists
     Wondering why your concealer or foundation isn't lasting? You probably skipped translucent powder. If you don't overdo it, it's a game changer.
4. All you need is love. And by love I mean mascara.
     Skip the shadow and the liner and just put on mascara. It's amazing how much one product can do.
5. Invest in an everyday lip product.
     No, not fire engine red or bubblegum pink. Stick to a rosy nude, something gives you that 'better than natural' look.I recommend Revlon's Velvet Rose if you've got an olive toned complexion like me.

High School is when a lot of girls start wearing makeup everyday, the trick is to figure out a daily look then practice and refine it until you use a minimum of products and you can do it in under ten minutes. Knowing somethings (like the list just above this) can really help as you start figuring out what you like. Enjoy these four years, because, cliche as it sounds, they really do fly by!
Much Love,
                  Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment