Saturday, February 7, 2015
Lavender and Pink Spring Look
I know that for almost everyone, spring seems like a far-off dream amidst your snow-ridden reality... which sucks for you, I guess. As a Floridian, the cold spell we just had only dropped to 50 degrees and though that had me personally bundling up, I know that's balmy by comparison to anywhere else. Hopefully, though, this makeup tutorial will remind any northerners that there's a light at the end of your polar vortex. I promise plenty of corny, spring-themed headers, so if you're interested, keep on reading!
Step 1: Fields of Lilac
Since we're using color in this look, doing the shadow first will ensure that we can clean up any fallout with a wipe. Take a shimmery lilac/pink shade (I used the base shade in Neutrogena's Nourishing Eye Duo in Sugar Plum) and you're going to pat this on the lid up to but not above the crease, leaving the inner corner bare. Patting it on will ensure high color pay off.
Step 2: Grey Mists
Taking a light grey shadow (I used Maybelline's the Nudes palette), blend into the outer v of your eyes and into the crease. Blend above the crease but not too high onto the brow bone. On a smaller brush, take a darker grey. You're going to define the outer v and crease, concentrating the color right in the crease. Blend carefully, reapplying if you lose the color.
Step 3: Fresh Faced
Apply concealer, foundation or BB cream to taste, The defining part of the face makeup is going to be the highlight coming up in a couple of steps.
Step 4: Putting Curtains On the Windows To Your Soul
(I told you they'd be corny.) Take the grey shadow you just used and smudge it close to your lower lash line. Then, use your favorite mascara.
Step 5: Dewy Sheen
This is my favorite part. Okay, so put on a purpley-toned nude (I used Warm Me Up by Maybelline) Then, take that lilac/pink shade and use your finger tip to tap a little bit on the center of your upper and lower lips. After that, dust it onto the high points of your cheeks. I know the picture I provided sucks, but IRL the sheen was amazing.
Love,
Vicky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment